Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Fit to be Sewed

This is my latest sewing project.  I am determined to use some of my vintage patterns and with the sewing knowledge that I've acquired since joining ASG, I've traced the pattern off the original so it can be used again in the future for a different size if needed.  


AND I'll take notes for each project so I'll know what size I used and what adjustments I did for each.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  
That'll last until the middle of February!  Hopefully longer, but hey, it's me!  And I'm going to try and do it.


So anyway, I bought some fabric from Walmart.  4 yards for as many dollars.  So I'm SURE it's good quality. ;)  Until it sheds or pills terribly, it will be a good wearable muslin for this project.  AND keep me warm for the remainder of the winter when I'm not having a hot flash.

Anyway, I cut it out to my bust size and the shoulders are too wide...  
Does that mean I'm chesty? Nope.  But apparently that's what the pattern makers thought when they made this pattern.  

I modeled the undone version for one of my sewing groups yesterday and asked for some advice.  I had serged in the sleeves and didn't want to take them off and redo them.  So I'll put a bit of elastic up there and suck in the excess so the shoulder seams fall at the right place.

I also made it five inches longer than the pattern said.  I like longer shirts.  It covers a multitude of too many chips and salsa.   

Another lady at the meeting had on a fer-cute knit top with the front being shorter than the back.  While I've made tops like that before, I hadn't thought of it for this sweater knit until then, so I'll make the front a little shorter before I hem things up.

OH!  Meri and I have been doing Zumba!  I went to her house at 5:45 this morning so we could extend the 20 minute workout to 11 minutes.  It was 10 minutes yesterday.  We're building up and I will not do the jumping.  REALLY?!  Richard Simmons didn't make us jump!

Oh well.  I'm going to get more fit if it kills me.

2 comments:

SAM said...

That's a fun way to do the work out together. How clever are you for making your own patterns.

Michelle said...

I also like a longer top and Zumba. It is a fun work out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails