Thursday, May 21, 2020

Dreaming big

Meri and I worked out again this morning.  I'm beat.  But feeling productive, like maybe I am on my way to a better shape.  

Hope so.

Maddy and Matthew's dog Zola, ate the stuffing out of a dog toy and ended up at the emergency vet clinic last night.  We find out today if everything came out ok, but that poor thing!  She might need surgery.  Please send a prayer for her!


Isn't she a sweetie?  I can't wait to meet her!

Meri and Shub came over yesterday and played Frisbee in the back yard with Leon and me.  It's a heavy Frisbee, I guess for Frisbee golf.  

I kept not catching it on purpose because I kept thinking of the boomerang on the Road Warrior and thought I'd lose some fingers.



OH!  One of my garden spots is in!  

I agonized on how to use up some of my fabric stash to line it, instead of using the store bought weed barrier.  I mean... I have SO much fabric!!!  

Found that wool fabric is the best to insulate the ground and keep the weeds to a minimum.  


I'll probably spread the grass clippings on top of it so it won't look TOO odd in the neighborhood.  I've already put weights down on the edges to keep it from blowing off.

And it wasn't enough to make a wool cape out of anyway...  So it'd probably be made into scarves or a bag anyway.  And who has time for THAT?!

I'll let you know how it works. If it works.

Pay no attention to the pile of branches on the one side and the board that is out of it's hinges.  That'll be a next year project, fixing that up.

I've got 9 cherry tomatoes in.  And about that in mini sweet pepper plants.  I started them both in my mini hot house, the pepper seeds from an actual pepper that I got at Aldi.  

While Meri was in the back yard, she gave me some ideas on how we could finish up the area behind the garage.  The grape vine might go somewhere else.  Maybe the back of the yard.  Don't know...  Maybe let it grow along the fence?  Eh... we'll see.

And we need a stairway going down the hill.  I'm imagining something like this.


But then again, if I let my imagination REALLY go, I can imagine something like this...


So many plans in the works and ideas that need to be fulfilled before I can move on to the next one.

Do you have any plans that really need to be thought out well before the next phase?

3 comments:

SAM said...

I noticed the weed barrier, which is supposed to be biodegradable blew off in several parts, so need to tackle that again. Next fall I'm taking Meg B's advice and putting down the cardboard to have an easy grow patch. I have bit plans and no money, for my back yard as well.

Anne in the kitchen said...

We are tackling our back yard. For the past couple of years I have been dealing with Mom's needs and let my personal yard go to pot. No excuses now!
I love the simple stair idea. We have something more basic and it just does not work. WE have to do something more substantial and do it soon.

Practical Parsimony said...

I love the first stair. Of course, I would need a bigger place for the second stair.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails