Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Potting around

Ugg - it was HOT yesterday!  The car's outside temp said 91 and Robb later said it said 97 when he was out.
Yikes!

I haven't turned on the air conditioning in my office yet but I may today...  So far, I've been taking advantage of the coolness of the garage with my new screen door, but the coolness is waning.

This morning, Meri and I worked out again after just over a week of me doing the workout routine alone.  She feels better now and we did the whole work out with masks on.  I think that adds to the effort and I have GOT to have burned at least twice as many calories.  The sweat around my mouth when I got to the car was incredible!  Thus is my hope.

Or at least sweat off my double chin...

When I got home, I repotted the strawberry plant in a BIG pot on the deck.  



That was my thought for that plant when I bought it.  I also repotted the leaf lettuce.  I had been hoping to have indoor leaf lettuce year round, but they were drooping in my office. So they're outside now and will hopefully do better in the sun.

I mowed both yards on Sunday and because of the clipping of our water main valve LAST week, I discovered that one side of the blades are super shorter than the other side.  uggg again.

JUST when I fixed the tires and the battery seems to be working without charging manually anymore.  It's always something...

Also the mower made more hay mow so I raked up the front yard and the grass clippings are  now covering more wool on the garden.  Will rake up some back yard grass and put it on the garden spots back there later today.


  Yeah!!!  As soon as I got all the tires fixed on the mower, it starts whenever I want it to now.  Who KNEW?!  Maybe an off kilter battery drains it?!...

hEAL!!!

Leon's cucumber garden is taking off.  Only one little plant is coming up, but if you know cucumbers, it'll be more than enough.  PLUS I've got other cukes planted elsewhere...



The potatoes are taking off too.  I need to keep putting more dirt in every other day these days.  I bought some soil from the store, but will use regular dirt from now on. It's pricy.  Especially when I have ordinary dirt around here!



And lots of it.


My nephew gave me some good tips on how to landscape the back yard hill but we need to reside the house on that side before we can get to it.  I may drive around in the country and find some field rock for parts of it... hmmm...

Anyway, have a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

Practical Parsimony said...

My friend grew potatoes by putting three inches of dirt in a garbage can and putting the potatoes in the dirt. Every time they grew about 4 inches above the dirt, she covered them with pine straw. She grew lots of potatoes. Maybe you have pine trees in your yard or know someone who does.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails