Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Repairs and Growing Stuff

 Our new roof is GORGEOUS!  I could definitely get used to living in a house that's pretty again.  As soon as all the other stuff is done to it of course, because not just yet...

I took 3 loads of apple tree branches to the yard waste place yesterday morning before work and another after.  Then one more this morning.  Still need to cut down the remaining part of the apple tree as it's resting on another...

Got the bill for the roof and it's a bit more than what they quoted, but then again, they did replace some of the wood under the shingles on the garage.  I could have told them that...

I grew mung bean spouts and lentil sprouts this weekend!  Reminds me SO much of when I was a kid and Mom was trying to get us to eat them by saying they're like popcorn.  Well, they're not.  But I do love them!  I gave some to Meri and she might be hooked now too.  

At 8 calories per cupful, um it's a no brainer!  Got more in the jars to sprout.


Went on a walk last night after supper and talked to TWO different people!  Yikes!  I NEVER see people that are willing to talk to me on my walks!!  Covid is changing people...  

On my walks, I try to run for at least 1/4 of it.  NOT on stretches of road where people can see me. 

heavens...

Not sure what I'll do when the weather gets really cold.  I guess run laps up and down the stairs... ?  I'm trying to keep my heart points above 20 a day and my steps at least 7000-8000.  Some days are a fail.

I have noticed that my knees don't crack as much when I climb the stairs nowadays. And I don't mind going upstairs for something anymore.  It's a good feeling!

The 380+ spindles arrived today for the deck!!!  The crew will arrive next week to install our new railings.  Whew!  Isn't life a rush?

I was driving the mower back from Meri's and because of a few peoples yucked up sidewalks, I drove on the grass.  The speed machine caught me doing 5 miles per hour!  WHEW!  I'm a little speed demon!  Of course as soon as I whipped out my cell phone, someone drove down the street and put it a lot higher...  And by that time, the sidewalk was good again...  But now they've moved the machine and I don't feel like driving the mower all over town to find it.  It'll be at this spot again... someday...


Plotting out a movie night for this weekend...  Not sure what we'll watch, but it needs to be "Leon friendly"... hmmm  Any suggestions?  Someone mentioned the "real people" version of Mulan. hmmm..
Shub can borrow a projector so this could be a real thing!
Kind of exciting!
I'll make popcorn!

1 comment:

Anne in the kitchen said...

You are right about Covid. We are seeing neighbors and talking to folks we have never met before!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails