Friday, October 2, 2020

Beautiful Jaunts

Back to the girls and my virtual walk around County Clare.  We're doing it old school.  A map is pasted to a poster board and a chart at the bottom to record our daily steps.  Every 2000 steps in a mile.  At least that's how I'm counting it.  And that's how it worked out when we did the official Virtual walk app last time.  But this time is free.

Every once in a while, I mark where we are on the walk.  I'm able to use Google maps and plot out a course based on miles walked, starting at the Shannon airport and up to Ennis, down along the shore of the Shannon River to the Atlantic ocean and then north along the shore of the ocean.  

Eventually we'll be within sight of Kilkee!  and the traditional anchor I took the kids pic in front of both times we were there.  

Looks like they've updated the anchor base...

Here was my view last week.  I'm probably several miles past that by now.  I haven't tallied our steps this week at all...  I was within a mile or so of the Lisheen house that we stayed at on our first trip.

Here it was way back then.  25 years ago...  I don't know if I'd even recognize it if I found it on the google earth nowadays...

Here is Maddy's view.  She's miles ahead of us.
Kindergartners keep her hopping and on her toes...



And Meri's.  She's not too far behind me.


Leon just got a step counter watch and he and I are going to do the Ring of Kerry again, the cheap way!  On my map.
together.

OH!  The thing that stopped me from posting for over a week was that my BIL and his boys arrived LAST Wednessday and did my deck/porch/pergola!!!!  AND they painted up some scruffed up siding and trim with paint.

So things were hopping here too!

They surprised me by bringing their power sprayer and cleaned my porch/deck floor and then staining it!  What a nice surprise!  I ran to get 4 gallons of stain, then had to run back for 5 more.  The deck was SUPER dry and sucked it all in.  Reminded me of a Green Acres episode that no one else remembers but me...

Here is the before shot of our deck floor and old railings.


A nephew up fixing the pergola.  There were a few rotted boards that needed replacing.


and him staining our deck. 

 
I picked the color "quiet chamois" without knowing how to pronounce it, so it was interesting trying to show the paint guy what color.
And now that it's down, it looks like it should be renamed "Butterscotch Pudding".

I'm having loads of fun putting the furniture back on and pretending we just moved in again!  The first time was such a rush on the coldest day of the year.


AND I got my Etsy purchase hung up finally!
The guys worked Wednesday thru Friday and then came back on Monday for just a day trip.
They put up all the railings in that one day.


AND then BOOM.  It was done!


They plan to come back in 6 months and paint the deck railings for us, since the pretreated wood needs to cure before we can paint it.

What a relief to live in this house again after having the outside looks decent again.  And not get nervous when it rains or blows around outside...

It's almost as if we love our home again!

AND it's inspired us to get some quotes on the siding that we've been putting off.  We may just bite the bullet and get it all done now.  Need to anyway and I don't think we can reside it ourselves...

ANYWHO, as I sit here typing, I glance around with projects in my mind... mmmm new carpet would be nice.
HEY!  They have a sale on wood flooring at Lowes!  OR I can find someone's cast off wood, sand it down and install it ourselves bit by bit.  (Robb said jokingly I want a divorce...)(I don't believe in it so he's stuck with me and all my crazy ideas!)
Robb just wants things to calm down a bit more before we jump into anything else.
The noise around our house lately has been somewhat stressful.

SIGH...  It takes work to be beautiful!

2 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I can understand how it must be to get your house back in shape. It looks nice.

Michelle said...

I am totally in touch with this post. After years of neglecting our old farmhouse, due to busy high school kids, we are now back to old projects. BTW, your house looks great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails