Friday, October 30, 2020

Fall Exhaustion

 There is so much anger, hatred and pride in the world.  Far away and even close to home.  Not enough patience, calm and love. Why can't people be kind to each other?  Be civil to each other?  Be patient with each other?  Forgive each other? 

It makes me really tired.

I just want to lock myself in the house and not deal with anyone.  I wish I could just sew and work away my frustrations through creativity, but there is too much to do in my house distracting me too.  

No rest for the wicked, huh? dang.

So... on to my monthly blog post!  Pitiful that I haven't posted since October 2nd, but here we are. I suddenly found myself with 30 minutes and nothing that I felt compelled to take care of immediately, so I thought... blog!  Spill it all out!  Well, not all or you'd think I was losing my mind.

Halloween trick or treating is tomorrow night.  I'll have my bowlful of chili with a mask on, listening to spooky music, sit next to the firepit and hand out treats to probably a dozen kids.  Actually probably more than that.  Kids are wanting to feel normal again. Me too!!

Leon will be at his mom's, so there is that too.  It won't be the same.

My MIL is in the hospital, but not for Covid.  Probably for a couple more days.

First snow of the fall...   Meri and three of her daycare girls admiring the first snow flakes with the window open. It wasn't even cold enough to close it.

JUST before our first snow and freeze of the season,

I was able to pull in about 3/4 of my cherry tomatoes, most were green.  

Got them cleaned, chopped up in the food processor and frozen in freezer bags for future use.  

We just ate up the ripe ones...


Did you know that you can make salsa out of green cherry tomatoes?  

That's what I'm going to do.  However I now have 8 bags of stuff that were reported as looking like bags of frozen snot in the deep freezer.  Some day soon, I'll thaw a bag out and mix it with salt, lime juice, cilantro and jalapeno peppers and we'll see if the online recipe for green tomato salsa was a bunch of hullabaloo or not.

The day has barely begun and I wish I could just go back to bed.

2 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

Last sentence/sentiment--same here!

SAM said...

Wanting things normal won't make it so, Halloween or not. Covid fatigue. I feel is dragging out the hard realities but I hope your neighborhood kids enjoy their night. I can't wait until after the elections are done but sadly, I don't think the anger will go for a long time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails