Monday, November 16, 2020

Catch UP

We found out that Maddy and Matthew will NOT in fact be coming for Thanksgiving...  
dang.

I guess Robb gets his wish of a Skype/DUO Thanksgiving after all... I just thought those two would be on this side of the camera.

So I told Ryan that he can move his gaming stuff back into the spare bedroom after all instead of being camped out with his gaming equipment in the living room.

I'll be heading over to Meri's soon, to be "Meri's Mom" while she runs some errands that she can't do after hours.  

Leon has been doing well with online school.  Well, up until he finds out that he was supposed to write a rough draft last week for something due today.  whoops...  So he crammed and wrote an essay about how to make a pepperoni sandwich.  I'm looking forward to reading it later.

My MIL has been in the hospital for the past 2.5 weeks.  Several issues, non Covid related, but the last and biggie is pneumonia.  I've been going every morning to see her before work and Robb's been stopping to see her after work. About the same schedule timing on the weekends.  She'll probably recuperate in a nursing facility for a few weeks before coming home.  Not sure yet.  A lot up in the air and she has to be better than she can get even that far.

SINCE it's not Covid related, she's allowed one visitor in her room at a time.

My uncle, my Mom's brother, is in a  Minnesota hospital right now with pneumonia and internal bleeding from a fall.  Since going there, him and his whole family got tested.  They all have Covid..  So NO ONE is able to be with him.  And that's bad...  Mainly because he's got dementia almost worse than my mom did, maybe worse by now.  I haven't seen him for almost a year.  So the dementia is going to take a hit...  

AND today would be my Dad's 86th birthday.  He shares it with one of my nephews in Wisconsin.  I hope Daniel is having a wonderful day.  


I know Dad is.

4 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I wondered where you were and if all was well. I am so sorry for all the illness in the family. It's funny about Leon and his essay. Wait until he hears about the ones he will have to write in a few years!

SAM said...

The midwest is getting hit hard, and I applaud Maddie and Matthew for staying put and not crossing the state. It sucks, it's hard, but we can a do this. Good for Robb setting u the face t face opportunity.

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear that you have so much going on in life right now. It seems like it is all or nothing around here, as well.

Southern Gal said...

Hard stuff. I'm so sorry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails