Friday, November 20, 2020

No Rest For the ...

 While Meri waits for her VID test results, I've been working out alone.  It takes about 10 minutes less time to work out these days...  I guess we talk a lot.

This was my view driving home.  I had to pull over for a good shot of it.  God is the best artist!


And a few days ago, I happened to notice this...
*gasp*


So Vanna 2.0 has reached a literal mile marker!!

I'm so proud of her!

I am SO looking forward to this weekend!!!!  With the weather yesterday being so beautiful, I got in a visit with Ada over lunch and then managed to hang some Christmas lights.  Not all of them, but enough to show people (when we turn them on next Friday) that we love Christmas.  Not as much as our new neighbors that hired professionals to put up theirs...  But we love Christmas anyway.

I've got a virtual sewing meeting on Saturday morning that I need to send some pics of projects I've worked on for the show and tell portion.  I haven't showed anything for a while and I really should.  I'm sure some of the ladies think I've given up on the group.  I haven't!  Just been busy lately and usually forget the deadline to submit pics for the meetings before hand.

An ex-neighborhood friend lost her dad a couple weeks ago and today just lost her mom.  All the feels came back for me.  Not as strong as they were a year and a half ago, but my eyes have leaked a lot so far today.  I feel so bad for what she and her family are going through.

and it's terrible to say, but I know exactly how she feels.

Before work today, I went all the way around the dining room with a critical eye.  All the clutter that has gathered from who knows where is now gone.  Well, except for the junk I threw on the table to be sorted.  OH!  and the golden retriever cast project.  

Meri and I are going to make a PVC pipe cast for Reedus so his leg can finally heal...  Come hell or high water, he WILL get better.  She's also switching his dog food (possible allergies) to homemade.  I feel like that would get old quick...  So I'm looking for a dry dog food that might work better for him than Purina.  Anyone have suggestions?

I also Super Glued a couple metal bars on Dad's old windmill that we'd given him many years ago.  Some of those tiny screws have fallen out...

During my workout this morning, I listened to Love Actually soundtrack on Youtube.  So when I got to the treadmill, I watched the proposal to Aurelia clip from that movie.  It made me cry. sigh... so much does!!!  But it got me looking for where the girls and I could stream it this year.  It IS on an old TIVO of ours but we can't get into it anymore because we don't have an account with them anymore.  I mentioned my dilemma to Robb and I think we're going to buy the digital version of it.  Then it will always be available for us to stream.  But mainly in December...  

I told Ryan and he was even excited about it.  Jen hasn't seen it yet and he's looking forward to watching it with her.  

Leon's little brother, Finn, is going to stay over tonight.  They're already planning a game night for the two of them, even tho Finn doesn't know it yet.  I'm sure he'll go along with it!

Well, on to my day...  Even tho it's SEW not a restful one.

5 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I thought about Love Actually the other day. I have been known to watch it other times of the year but it I one of my regular Christmas movies.

Practical Parsimony said...

Where are these videos of yours? Online?

SAM said...

We'll be watching it at least once as well-Love Actually. We've been saving The Family Stone-so good, and will leave yo crying eventually as well. Nice catch-up, Val. The holidays are still hard even after the first year of loss.

mamahasspoken said...

I have a dog with BAD allergies too. She's not allowed anything but her dog food (Science Diet has one for sensitive skin and stomach that the vet put her on. It's not cheap though. Just paid around $50 for a 30 pound bag), treats and meds that she takes because she's allergic to 99 things. Well it could be more but the test could only go up to 99. We also have her on a probiotic that has helped a lot. Sprinkle it on a heaping tablespoon or more of can dog food (again the Science Diet for sensitive skin and stomach)and she woofs it down.
No Christmas lights here yet but have to tell you that when it's Thanksgiving time, I think of you and your blow molds. Those suckers right now are worth A LOT of money. Maybe that's how you can help Meri with the cost of a new dog food 😉

JRE said...

Love the family Stone also!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails