Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Cat Scratch Flying

 Goodness!  The day is getting away from me!

I was down a whole pound this morning!  I was up 3.5 pounds since the day before Thanksgiving... And now I'm only up 2.5...  It'll happen.   

Frank, the cat, has been having more fun in the garage these days.  Ryan has been letting him have fun out there exploring. Which is fine as now I don't really have to struggle too hard to make sure he doesn't escape out, but it's annoying too.  

As I sat in my office talking to a co-worker today, Frank managed to get between the screen door and the main door of my office (from the garage).  He scratched and mewed a bunch at the bottom of the door and I thought he was going to scratch his way into the crawl space beneath my office!  When all of the sudden, he jumped up with his sharp little claws and perched himself precariously between the door window and the screen.  

Then just as suddenly, he fell. lol!  

I heard Ryan yell for him and then he was gone.  Whew!

Scritch scratching cats can be so distracting...

I did some deep cleaning yesterday and in a closet under some stairs, which we rarely go into, I found a ton of Meri's barbie dolls and paraphernalia.  A barbie convertible and the barbie airplane for the flight attendant Barbie.  We had them all...  There are STILL more in a box in the garage.  Frank has probably come across them...  But Meri was thrilled to get them for her daycare kids!  She has two little 3 or 4 year old girls that will adore them as much as she did.  Maddy used to love them but can't stand dolls now.  She might get over that when she has a little girl of her own who might love dolls.

Maddy had a Barbie Makeup Sleepover party when she turned 6.  Out of the 15 girls that showed up in their pajamas, only 1 actually stayed overnight.  But that party alone scored Maddy a bunch of varieties of Barbies.  If your kid loves Barbies, you might need to throw one of those kinds of parties!

Speaking of flight attendents, Robb and my "together" show these days is the Flight Attendant with Kaley Cuoco.  If you don't like a lot of swearing and sex all wrapped up in one show, this might not be for you.  Oh and she drinks... a lot...  It's like watching a train wreck and you all love to watch those!  I really don't think Robb likes it much, but he's going along with it for my sake.  

It's not your mother's Silver Wings For Vicki story... ;) Of which, I've read them all!  and loved them.  For a long time I was going to be a flight attendant.  Nine years old laying on your back on the yard and watching the planes and their trails in the sky and dreaming about traveling. Because I was sure EVERY flight would bring an adventure.


Anyway, that was my day.  Looking forward to some quieter days to come.  At least I hope.  Too much hopping and cat stress today.

2 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

A huge stray cat attacked my friend's screen door. It took him a week to scratch a hole large enough to crawl through, way at the top. When the cat came in, he settled down like he belonged there, and my friend let him stay for about 8 years until the cat died. So, beware, he may come through the screen...lol.

SAM said...

Unusual cat-don't they usually like to be left alone? My daughter's favorite stop at the Air and Space museum in the Smithsonian is the old flight attendant stop. My older daughter was a perfect candidate, but younger too short. This of course was form the 1950's recruiting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails