Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Ketchup & Giggles

It's been a little while.  Here is my catch up post.

Been dealing with a lot of nuts lately.

Delish...

And so is THIS!  For those of you that like  LeCroix and Bubly, this is NOT like that at all.  SO good and not a seltzer! I've been buying it by the case.

Oh and it's cheap! 


We celebrated Meri's 21st birthday last week!!!  She then spent the weekend at a hotel spa with her best friend with tons of activities, like massages, sugar scrubs, mud baths, etc.

She came back with lots of stories about her weekend.


 AND since her birthday is over, we have her blessing to take down the tree.  I left the lights turned on when it came down so I'd know which light strands to pull on to get them off.  I know... I'm lazy...  but oh well.

Then I found my extension pole and dusted all the high walls and corners.  I really should have done that before Christmas, but oh well again...  I forgot I had that pole!  Leon helped me vacuum up the tree bits that shed and then I let him move the pole around the upper walls a little.  I was afraid of a light fixture getting broken so he didn't do that very much...

 

And here is my Star Wars puzzle from after I finished the Leon puzzle.  I'm further along now and have about 1/4 of it done.  For 1500 pieces, this one is going to take until Easter!  Unless of course we need the table again for a birthday dinner.  I had to dismantle it a bit so it would fit on my large cutting board to move it for Meri's party.  It's back now.  Like I said... til it gets done or Easter. Whichever comes first.


Last week, instead of generic exercise, Leon did snow play for his online PE credits.  He has to do 150 minutes a week of some form of exercise and last week logged over 800 in sledding, fort building and just general playing in the snow.  I'm sure he used up more energy doing this than jumping jacks!
We used ice cream buckets for the bricks and a circular bucket for the towers. It's in a heap of rubble ruins now, but he had a blast while he could.


Since their faces are covered, here is my Sunday school girls from last weekend.  We did the story of Abraham trusting God when He told him to move to a place where He would tell him. I need to trust Him more too...

Because of Covid, my class got combined with the younger kids class. A few people are too cautious to come back to church yet and one of them is the preschool teacher.  I can only hope this gets over with soon, but until then, it's a challenge that I'm enjoying.  Everyone in my class wears a mask and there are masks underneath the Abraham masks too.

A few of my other kids in my class either missed that day or are doing it online with us.  Online is awkward but they still get the lesson and enjoy a little camaraderie.  However they did miss the onslaught of tiny giggling Abrahams descending on the congregation after class let out.
Oh my, those little sisters were funny!!!


and their giggles contagious and exactly what I needed to hear!

4 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I don't think I have ever seen a puzzle so huge! I love the SS girls in masks.

SAM said...

Happy Birthday to Meri. I like that there is some flexibility with the physical activity as snow play sure can be a work out.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Here the kids have the option of physical school or online school. When it is not raining I see all the online kids out riding their bikes or skating (roller) for their P.E. requirements.

Southern Gal said...

Ooh. I'm always up for a good puzzle.

Happy birthday to Meri! How can she be 21? Tell her your pretend friend wished her a blessed year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails