Wednesday, April 21, 2021

A Day In the hood

 After Meri and my workout this morning, I headed to the town where our county seat is.  I had an appointment to change the names on my cars and property taxes.  So to kill a little time, I stopped by a car wash and cleaned and vacuumed my car before going through the car wash itself.  My car looks great now!  The gravel road travel is wearing on my cars natural good looks... ;) Yep - it's the blue van with a black hatch.  Gotta have THAT looking good!

So I made it to the court house and waited for my turn to get in.   Did, and then found out that I must have selected the county Recording office instead of the Treasurers office... REALLY?!  So I went back to my car and cried for a bit.  Robb would have known which office handles what...  After calming down, I tried it again online and the website was giving me fits and errors, so I called the office directly and set up an appointment for Friday instead. Whew.

Stopped by the monument company who is working on our grave stone.  Then saw their sign that said by appointment only.  dang.  I called them.  I had seen the little flags marking where Robb's grave was located and wanted to confirm that they were going to center it over both of our graves.  They are.  OH and our stone is in!!  Not carved on yet, but in.  Hopefully seated by Memorial day.  Wouldn't that be nice?

A friend from college stopped by a couple weeks ago and made a point to show me this comic.  Way back in the day when I was dating his roommate and he was dating my best friend, we were at a pizza place and joking about where buffalo wings came from. So this made him laugh and think of that.
His answer had been that you can only hunt them when they're flying low over the Rockies. :)

Stopped by the middle school and dropped off some food pantry items from our church.  The secretary at the school is one of the friends who helped serve at Robb's funeral dinner.  She asked how I'm doing. "It's not a good day.." and I burst into tears again as she hugged me.  She tried to talk me into sticking around and letting her and a co-worker make me laugh again.  :) Isn't she a sweetheart?!  I didn't have time to spend the morning at the middle school though...

I was home and back to work earlier than I had intended.

And as I was typing this, she texted me and said that she'd been thinking of me all morning and wondered if there was anything she and her husband could help me out with.

Whew...  

I will NOT get used to this widow brain/widowhood.

3 comments:

JRE said...

So sorry and nothing I can say, a journey that just is and is just tough. Moments of joy/anger and such despair. But family and love pulls you forward. 25 years and easier but I cry at least weekly but have also a wonderful happy life!

SAM said...

It's Ok-you do not have to get used to missing someone and having your world change instantly. Accept the love and friendship-that's all you may do some days, and that is perfectly fine.

Practical Parsimony said...

I am so sorry you had a less than perfect day. Cry all you like and don't think others are not thinking of you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails