Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Modern day Job


Wow it's been a while...

I've been cleaning out my MILS rooms. Not done yet.

Hauling things to the dump or Meri's house for an upcoming garage sale.

Measuring windows for replacements.

Saying goodbye to Meri's sweet Ellie Mae. She had to leave us last Thursday.  I'm thinking if dogs actually go to heaven and Robb gets to see Ellie, the first thing he'd say is "Down Ellie!" Will post for her specifically later.  She deserves one just for her.

Last night I was talking to Maddy on my way to help Meri move a mattress. I noticed as soon as I got onto the interstate that the psi on a back tire dropped below 30. No big, I made a point to stop and put air into when I get to town.  As we talked I glanced down at the psi settings again and it said 6...  uh oh...

Maddy let me go and I pulled over.  1.5 hours later, Meri, me, a bottle of lime away and a bottle of water later, we finally had that son of a gun changed.  

First flat in this car and for the first 30 minutes I didn't have the right tools and it took a while to even locate the spare!  They hide them so well on a minivan...

I felt like MacGyver.

All I need to change this tire is a nail file and a bottle of lime away...

Actually the limeaway was very helpful because the tire stuck so bad. And no sledge hammer in sight.  Shoot.  I think Robb would say "stick a sledge hammer in the trunk and keep it there."  Meri said to keep the rest of the bottle of Limeaway.  Either way...  it's changed and I wasn't murdered on the highway.  I'm so glad Meri was close by and could help me!  

Sorry... talked too much about a flat.

I guess it's the little successes that make me feel like we'll be ok.  But dang it's hard.

Oh, the oven element burned out last weekend.  I had a guy stop over to look at it.  $200. It'll be fixed in a few days IF he can get the screws out.  Even though Robb hated this stove, I'm not ready to buy a new one.

Every time that I think I've got this, something happens.  I just need to trust that God has this.  

But sometimes I feel like a modern day Job.

5 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am so sorry about Meri's dog. It seems like you are experiencing too much in such a short time and I know life is overwhelming right now.
On the plus side, if the oven is out you don't have to worry about cooking anything that can't be cooked on the stove top.
Thoughts and prayers for a good day today!

slugmama said...

Order an oven elements and you and Meri can change it like I did a few years back. Just YouTube it.

I'm sorry about Ellie Mae but she had a good life with y'all.

Practical Parsimony said...

I balked at the charge for changing out the element. I had seen someone do it once, so I bought the element for $20 and changed it myself. There was no you tube back then.

TBravo said...

I echo what everyone else has said, but I also think that you have a well deserved brag on changing that tire. Personally, I think most tires weld themselves in place shortly after being installed, because they are almost always nearly impossible to remove. So, job VERY well done. I know that you are more than staying busy, but I wish it was with less troublesome things.

T

SAM said...

I'm sorry for the loss of Meri's sweet friend. I am awfully impressed with the tire changing. I'm hopeless at stuff like that. Clever to think of lime away to make sure the tire would come off. I would never have thought of that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails