Tuesday, April 13, 2021

As long as I'm wishing...

Easter was a very nice holiday!
The Thursday before, Meri, Shub, Leon and myself decorated eggs.


The kids were very creative but somehow I just got the plain early ones before their creative juices really got going...


That Sunday, Meri and I met up with my sister and her family at the HyVee deli for an Easter brunch before our afternoon church.  What a fun time!
After church, these three hunted for eggs in our yard, this year the front and back yard. It's been a while since we did that.


And Meri's face in this pic was great!  But she'd kill me if I'd posted on FB so here it is here.


Leon had two eggs with $5 bills in them.  If Meri and Shub came across one that was marked with an L, they left it alone.  They didn't have any money in theirs... Sorry guys!  Maybe next year!


Since Easter, I've been swamped.  Mostly moving my MIL out of the downstairs and into assisted living near my BIL, about 45 minutes away.

But this week, I'm working from Maddy's house in Wisconsin.  The rest of the gang is at home coping the best way they can without me, which is to say, just fine.  Thanks to Ryan, I got to video chat with Leon this morning during his breakfast.  And as I suspected, they're fine.

Matthew and I have lunch together and after work, Maddy and I are cooking supper together.  All other times and in between, I'm loving on my grandpups and doing some crying.  Isn't this pic great?  It's in the guest room.


She and I are attending a Grief share meeting for her later this week and on Saturday, we're planning on making a bunch of freezer meals before I head for home.

Having a wonderful time!
Wish he was here.

3 comments:

SAM said...

I'm sure getting some extra time with Maddie is good for you both. I'm so happy your Easter was filled with love and laughter. That picture is so special.

Practical Parsimony said...

I love that picture! It looked like a great Easter Egg Hunt with money involved.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am glad you had a nice Easter and especially glad you are spending time with Maddie. Enjoy the times you are with them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails