Thursday, January 13, 2022

Day 3 Quarantine - or is it day 5?

 I'm so confused by how to count the days of when the quarantine started.  The symptoms for Jen started on Saturday or Sunday but she took the home test on Sunday and it was positive.

And what does that mean for me?  She just needs to test 5 days after her symptoms are over, but what about the rest of us?  Do we still stay in quarantine for 2 weeks or until tested Negative twice?  Because we can actually start symptoms up to 2 weeks after being exposed to it, right?  Help me out folks!

Anyway, enough of stuff I can't control...  and on to OTHER things I can't control...

Work.  You never know when some crisis will rear it's ugly head and Covid has made it REALLY hopping.  Shoot - Covid got an appearance again.

I watched part of Nacho Libre with Leon last night.  Not sure if he's into it yet, as I had to pause it a few times to hear about a game that he really likes.  Although the "stretchy pants" part made him giggle.  He DOES love stretchy pants... It may take a few weeks of quarantine to finish it.  Shoot.

Yesterday I got into my sewing room and threaded up the machine for the last red skirt flounce.  And then got sidetracked with the reels from Facebook.  That can really gobble up time, huh?  And then I lost my sewing mojo...  The ASG American Sewing Guild monthly meeting is on Zoom this weekend!!  At least I can attend this time remotely!  I'm hoping that kicks my mojo into gear.  Maybe I'll do some pinning while attending the meeting... I'd like to have the first sample dress completely done by the time quarantine is over. shoot.

Last night I was at a loss as to what to make for supper.  I had 1/3rd of a pork loin left that needed to be used up, lots of carrots that I was going to can and tons of other stuff.  Fried pork cutlets again??  Ryan suggested stir fry with the pork, carrots, green peppers, etc. hmmm  ok!  I started cutting the meat and then Ryan and Dylan (his renter friend also quarantined with us) came in and helped with the peppers and onions.  I thought that maybe we needed twice the sauce and that was a mistake (Too much soy sauce?) but they still gobbled it up and liked it.  Leon even liked it most except the carrots so he left a little pile and picked through the rest for the meat.  I don't know HOW to get veggies into him unless I puree it up and hide it in stuff. hmmm

His mom has Covid too so he'll still be at our house for next week as well.

I've got a table set up in the living room of Robb's computer stuff.  Ryan has been pulling some things apart and putting together another computer as well as trying to get a laptop we found in the storage units working.  It works, but we don't know the password nor how to reinstall the operating system.  He'll figure it out... Or I'll ask Robb's old co-workers for help.  We'll see what he can do by this weekend or whenever we get out of house arrest (quarantine).

Most of the Christmas decor is down.  Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus glow molds got tucked into the garage yesterday morning and the leg lamp got moved behind the big butt chair in the living room.  The only thing left is our Christmas card swirls on the dining room pillar.  I'd never done that before but always wanted to.  It worked out SO slick with little clampy things I had purchased for Meri's grad party to keep all her prom dresses and play costumes on the mannequins.  I had a ton of them.  


I might keep the card pillar up for a while.  And maybe do the same thing with all the cards we got to memorialize Robb's passing for that anniversary.  I can't believe it's almost a month away!  That idea will probably get shot down but we'll see.

AGGGHH!!  I may need to go change.  I THOUGHT this 3/4 sleeved flannel shirt would be perfect today but I'm already overheating in it. sigh.  I just checked the house temp and it's the same as it's always been... So hot flash it is!

Isn't life unpredictable?

Thanks Covid...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Life is unpredictable, that is for certain. Covid is rearing its head again where I teach. Kids and staff testing positive and so many more on quarantine. When will it end?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails