Friday, January 14, 2022

Quarantine Day 4 (6?) Stir Crazy and Irish Colcannon recipe

 It snowed overnight.  Not by much, maybe an inch or so. If I FEEL like it, I'll go out and shovel a bit.  Or send one of the strapping young men in my house out, if I can pull them away from school or a Dune book.  Eh, I'd rather do it myself.

A recipe I found on a rebel canning group that I want to see if I can (can) do this weekend.

Irish Colcannon!!!

Yesterday was beautiful, 50s.  I went on a little excursion!!!!  As I left town, I passed Jen!  lol!  She actually lives in our house and has Covid.  I thought I'd seen her leave earlier...  Didn't know where she had gone, but I'm not in charge of her.  She must have felt awkward as we waved in passing so as soon as she got home, she texted me. "I just needed to get out of the house and drive around a little!"

and I totally got that!!!  That's why I was heading out too.  I went to the county health facility to pick up some free at home Covid tests.  They're the PCR type.  I pulled up into their parking lot and called them.  After a little questioning about who in my house is showing symptoms and do I really need 5, they brought them out and popped them in the back of my minivan as if I was picking up groceries.

easy peasy.  Then went back home where we made everyone spit into some vials.  Then after packaging them all back up, I went on another excursion and dropped them all off back at the closest UPS drop off.

It was great getting out!!  I even had my window down a few times when I wasn't on the interstate. 

ahhhhh

I stopped at the cemetery and visited with Robb a little.  I knew a cold snap was coming and this might be the last time til March I could come out and have a sit down visit.  Wow I miss him.

Then back home.

As of this week, it's been exactly 24 years since we moved into this house.  So many memories.  So many dents in the walls.

I'm looking forward to the weekend.  I've sent some pictures of the items I've sewn lately to the leader of ASG and will be participating this month!  I've missed several of the last months, I'm sure they're wondering if I've given up sewing. NOPE.  Just got too much life in the way at the moment.

My mild sore throat from yesterday turned into nothing. YAY!  I cleared my throat yesterday, thinking THIS IS IT!  But I sucked down a Halls before bed and all is fine today.  

I do need to crack my back tho.  I might pull out my little roller thingy and let it do the cracking for me.  The trick is to find a big enough spot on the floor to do it easily without anyone seeing me.  I guess I'll rearrange my room a little today too.  to make room...

On with life.  Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope your Covid tests turn out negative. My school here in KY has decided that masking is entirely up to parents no matter how bad it gets. Also no social distancing, etc..., in my school. Interesting times, for sure. Stay well.

Practical Parsimony said...

I hope none of you test positive! The ride in the snow sounds refreshing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails