Monday, January 17, 2022

Quarantine Day 7 (9?) Say it ain't Snow

We have a renter in our home.  He's a friend of Ryan's and was in need of a place to stay for a few months.  Dylan has been here since the day before the twins moved in in August.
I don't have anything to complain about.  He's not difficult and works nights so he sleeps all day. 
It's like having another son in the house.

The day of our first real snow of the season on Friday (seriously first real snow... I don't count the 1/2 inch we got a couple weeks earlier when I just let it melt.) he got on his warm clothes and went out to play in the snow.  Like a big kid.  


He made a snowman in the front yard and then made a huge snowball in the back yard, intending to push it up to the front, but he forgot about the hill.  So it got abandoned in the back yard.


Leon is LOVING it!!!  He's made it into his Igloo and spent a lot of time and a lot of my kitchen utensils carving out his little home away from home.

I suggested that we make another huge snowball for a game room off of the main room.  But he wasn't keen on more work and the snow is not packing like it was Saturday.

I spent about 1.5 hours snow blowing the driveway on Saturday morning.  It was SO difficult because somehow the metal piece that switches gears was missing!  It was there last year...  I blame Covid.
So I ran the snow blower in top speed the entire way, spinning wheels while trying to go through the hardening snow at the end of the driveway.  Stupid snow plow man... 

I had to break up the 3 foot deep snow (from drifting and the plow) with a shovel just to get the snow blower to go through it. 
Yuck.

BUT the drive is clear now and there is a distinct hallway to get to the house across the patio.

Is it too soon to wish for an early spring?

3 comments:

SAM said...

I wish for an early spring on January 2! At least some people can enjoy the snow. Funny though, I've not seen kids outside or in the park. I'd have to avoiding s them but it's been warmish so I'm perplexed.

JRE said...

Sorry but where are your adult kids to help you snow blow? No way no how! You do so much for them. Rant over

McVal said...

:) the adult kids do plenty! But no one touches my snow blower. It's got it's idiosyncrasies that no one touches it but me. I've had it 18 years and I'm going to baby it along for another 18 years at least.
They did shovel during the snow on Friday but it snowed more that evening and into the next day and the blower was required. I enjoy my time outside when I can! But cannot wait until the spring thaw!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails