Tuesday, November 21, 2023

RICK!!!!!!

 Well not much happened yesterday...  Work stuff, a little housecleaning on my breaks, got to cuddle with Aggie for a bit after supper and I went upstairs to watch a little tv and fell asleep fully clothed.  I woke up at 9:30 pm wondering how that happened and then got ready for bed.  Managed to get back to sleep and woke up at 4am.  I'm on a caffeine diet at the moment.  SO time to get caught up on some things I missed writing about!

On August 31st, I attended a concert in the Chicagoland area with two of my sisters and a brother-in-law.  

WHAT fun day!!  We saw Tommy TwoTone (Jenny 867-5309), 

Paul Young (Every time you go away), 

the Hooters (And we danced) 


and the big draw of the evening was Rick Springfield (Jesse's Girl).

They were all great!  I could have listened to them/him all night but life and age catch up with you.  He was celebrating his birthday 74th birthday!  Can you believe that!!!?  He danced around on that stage (with no shirt) like a 35 year old...  


I was impressed. thoroughly.  

He came within 5 feet of us while crowd surfing and touching everyone during the Human Touch song.  THIS WAY!!!!  but nope.  Oh well.  

After the concert, I drove to one of my sisters homes about an hour away and slept on her couch before heading back the next morning, superty duper early.  Dog sat for Maddy and Matthew while they went to visit family for a few days.

And that was the last bit of my summer.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I often wander in and take a nap when I normally would be up. But, after three hours sleep the night before, I am okay with that.
The concert sounds great.
Practical Parsimony

Kathy said...

Oh how fun! Sounds like a great concert!
And he is 74? Weren't the 80's just 20 years ago?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails