Monday, May 20, 2024

Weekend Catch Ups - WCU

 I am a solid 30 pounds down now!  Finally!!!  So I'm close!

On Saturday, I went to a niece's baby shower back in my home town.  This is one of my sisters along with her daughter.


I beat 3 or 4 of the stuffed animal diaper changing contests but would have had to beat 15 people to get the grand prize.  sigh.  Lost to a niece, not this one.


Loads of games!  And I have this little baby perched on top of my microwave for the week.


Another sister that I rarely get to see!


Here is the mom to be with her sisters and a couple sisters-in-law. The one on the far right is expecting about a month before Grace.


It was a beautiful morning and she got lots of nice things for the baby.  Got some visiting in with two of my sisters and had lunch with my bro!  

I stopped by a nephew and his wife's new organic food shop and brought home a pound of frozen ground buffalo!  I'm planning on trying it out in meatballs next weekend.  My quarter of cow is done and I'm picking that up today too.  There is no shortage of meat around THIS house!  Whew!  And I can only eat between 5-7 ounces a day while on plan.  It'll last a while.  Meri is taking half of it so my part of it should all fit in my deep freezer.

I got home and took Aggie for a walk and then watched an episode of a show with Leon.  

Wasn't this wagon a SUPER deal for $10 at a garage sale?  It just made me nervous because the straps were broken.  I kept thinking she'd jump out.  Mental note: find new straps for the wagon.


On Sunday, Leon and I picked up the cake for the boy being confirmed.  While I was worried about the cake saying "Congratulations on your Consirmation!" I really didn't need to.  They had written Confirmalion instead.  The confirmand got a kick out it and everyone wished him a happy confirmalion the rest of the morning.  They served walking tacos with the cake and everything was yummy!  I passed on the misspelled cake and had a taco salad instead. 

Then we went shoe shopping and I spent a lot on two pairs for the boy.  Ryan reimbursed me later. Maddy was looking for shoes for an upcoming wedding also.  No luck.

Leon had a good time with Aggie and Jen, blowing bubbles.


Got home and after visiting with all the kids, the girls and their loves came with me out to the cemetery and put some fresh fake flowers out on Robb's stone and his dad's.  They look lovely!  I wish I'd gotten a pic!

I tried to help Leon with some technical stuff on a homework assignment and Maddy was very helpful!  But then we hit a roadblock and hopefully Leon is talking to his teacher about it today.  He's only got 7 days left of school!

Then he and I relaxed a little and we watched another episode before his dad took him back to his mom's.

I pulled out all the rest of my vases for Maddy to peruse virtually this morning. She's doing the centerpieces for one of her sister-in-law's weddings this summer.  and have I got LOADS for her to choose from!  The square vases got sent home with her last weekend.


As usual, I have some drama in my life, which I won't air here.  Suffice it to say, I either may give up my sewing room again OR my schedule for the next couple months is going to be up in the air and a lot more busy.  I sit with bated breath awaiting the outcome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails