Friday, February 9, 2018

His Boyish Charms

As usual...  my life during the week revolves around the boy.  

One of the other.  I took Ryan down to his apartment yesterday around lunch time and he treated me out to lunch!  Sons are great, aren't they?

He mentioned that whenever he goes anywhere with me, people think that I'm his special lady friend...  He said that he's not sure if he looks older than he is or I look younger than I am, but he's quick to correct them.  So I told him about Maddy's kindergarten stories and he cracked up.
"I think that's me!"

Looks like I got Ryan there just in time because it started snowing when I was on my drive home.  Wouldn't have been able to get him to work on time later on with this kind of weather.

Then the OTHER boy got home from school yesterday about the same time as Meri.  Snow was falling hard and all the school evening events were canceled.  Woohoo!  Family night!

But I still had an hour left of work so I hogged the computer while Leon filled out some of his valentines then discovered his toys again.  


He hadn't played with his Legos for weeks.  He soon got bored with even them and started climbing over the back of the couch.

HEY NOW!!!  You're going to kick my vase full of sea shells!!!  So he improvised and got off the couch creatively, cracking himself up.  Did that a few more times then ran off to do something else until Robb got home.



He came into the living room once wearing a sled on his back that Maddy had made at Bible camp YEARS ago.  He asked me, "Am I too turtley for the Turtle Club?" LOL!!!!  


He hasn't even SEEN the Master of Disguise yet!  But he's heard us quote it enough I guess.  So I was ready to rent it from Amazon for family night.

 We ordered pizzas and Meri and I ran up to get it.  Ran into one of her favorite teachers and his wife, who may or may not be having their first baby today.  Exciting times!

Got back and during dinner the mood for a family night went away.  It happens.  Meri went off to practice her play lines, Leon filled out his application for Great Clips, then got in some computer time, Robb read and I went upstairs.  I was going to sew but wasn't in the mood.  

But after a little while, Leon came up and wanted to watch a bit more of the Storks movie.  He snuggled up to me and we enjoyed more until it was bedtime.

This morning was difficult to get him out the door and he was grumpy when he didn't get anytime to play in the snow before the bus came.  Well, who's fault was THAT?!  totally his.  

He chose the red food dye for the eggs then griped when I made him eat them.  I had to actually feed them to him with ketchup.  What a BABY! Just for the record, Red eggs and summer sausage are NOT better than Green eggs and ham.  Although I think Leon would do Green eggs and summer sausage in a heartbeat...


AND did you know it takes 10 minutes to put on your snow pants?  Five to gripe that they're inside out because the dogs must have done it during the night and another five to roll around on the floor while you're pulling them on.

And in the midst of it all, I forgot to stick his lunch box in his bag again.  sigh...  SO I'll be making a trip to the school some time this morning...  That kid would rather starve than eat Crispitos.  ALL of my kids LOVED Crispitos.  I don't even know what they are but they loved them.

Isn't life grand?...  

Have a grand weekend!

6 comments:

SAM said...

You get busiest lady title back again. I could not keep up with a small boy again.

Jill said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on, hope you find some time to rest this weekend and just enjoy the snow without having to drive in it :-) We had temperatures in the 60's today. Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
Jill

Michelle said...

I have to say that I love it when the weather intervenes and cancels school and whatever. Family time is the best.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I guess it is because I had only sons (very active sons) that I adore reading about Leon! I enjoy the rest of your family also, but reading his thought process and doings always makes me smile.

Linda said...

My daughter had to dress within my sight.

Put your socks on Lisa
repeat three times
huh
put the left sock on
now
now
now
Now pull it all the way up
pull
pull it up NOW

Repeat same scenario for right sock, right pants leg, left pants leg, up to the waist, and right show and left shoe.

It was maddening.

Son--took socks off and rearranged them a half dozen times at least for eat foot. I understand how socks don't fit right all the time. But, at least he was working.

Youngest daughter--just dressed herself to show up the other two, I suspect.

Jane said...

Leon's legs are so looooong!! At least they look long in the upside down on the couch picture. When I was a special ed teacher I used to go down to the junior kindergarten room to help with the putting on and taking off of winter outer wear and boots. It was exhausting!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails