Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Senior Photo Shoot

 Meri wanted to get some pics of Grandma and Grandpa for a 4H entry, so she brought along my good camera and took several until the battery died, then pulled out her cell phone for the rest.  

We drove all over the state park near the home where I grew up.  I reminisced about driving my moped through this park on many occasions and even pointed out where the pistons had seized and I had to push it home from there.  Checking the oil is important.

Meri spied a good spot with benches not too far from the parking area.  Dad has had some health issues lately and we didn't want to overdo it for him.  The temp was in the 90s.  80s in the shade.


Grandma asked that Meri sing and I encouraged her too.  I guess she said I MADE her.  sigh...  


Oh well, she sang great.

These were just from my cell phone.  I can't wait to see the ones Meri took.


We drove up to the overlook and enjoyed scenery that I hadn't seen for so many years! 
 Neither had they.




They're so cute!


And Mom was so funny!  "NOW let's get some pics of you two!"  
Ummm  But, Mom... this is all about you guys today...

They don't call it a Senior Citizen shoot for nothing!

BUT,  Meri and I took a couple.  

 

We left them in the chilled car and Meri and I ran down the path that I'd told her about from my memories.  The fossils were gone but the overlook was still there.  Grown over a LOT more than I remembered.  Selfie again.



AND I took some selfies with my mom too.  


She is more of a selfless person than a selfie person... 

We dropped Mom off at the nursing home, then took Dad back to my sister's, where he's living now.
Hugged just about everyone and after picking up the obligatory Canadian bacon pizza for Robb, we hit the road for home.

When we weren't too far away, Meri wanted to drive and she drove me down some country roads in the Des Moines river valley, where the only real hills in Iowa are.  Beautiful landscape!!!  


She and a friend had found an old deer graveyard where deer carcasses come to die.  But it was really flooded and we didn't see anything.  I did see the remnants of a past bridge over the river.



So peaceful and pretty down there!

We got back early evening on Saturday and spent all day Sunday with Robb.  Well, I did. Well, until he needed to pick up Leon.  But Meri and I made lasagna for supper that night and we ate on the china.

I hope you all enjoyed Father's Day!

3 comments:

slugmama said...

Your parents are cute. I wonder when Hubs and I will get to the "cute" stage too. lolz
And there are NO hills in Iowa.
I've been there.....

Anne in the kitchen said...

Cool photo shoot! I agree with Sluggy, your mom and dad are cuties. Mom and Dad were really cute when Dad was still living but Mom isn't so cute without him.

Michelle said...

Your parents are precious and I can see that you appreciate still having them around.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails