Monday, February 15, 2021

Hope Springs Eternal

 What a crazy weekend.  Saturday was good.  Meri was over and got her taxes done with Robb.  Which was a good morning because it came out better than she/we had expected.  Yay Meri!!!

Then I worked on the cast for Reedus's leg.  I hunted for 20 minutes for a tiny drill bit and after finally finding it, the hole was way too small.  Oh, so the first bit I had was better?!  okey doke.

Hinges were put on and the latches.  Too bad I didn't get a picture of it.  It's at Meri's as of this morning.  She'll get it finished up and I'll help as I can with the logistics.  She'll line it and make it fit him.  At least I HOPE it fits his leg! It's swollen pretty badly from him chewing on it...  Poor thing.

I did some sewing on Leon's birthday present.  I'm making him a zip up hoodie with a fantastically soft red/black double sided fleecy fabric I found at JoAnns.  SOOO soft!!!!  The unhemmed edges shed like the dickens, so I've got black satin for bindings.  We'll see how that goes.  I've got 1 week to get it done.

On Sunday, Robb felt ill.  Every time he stood up he felt so dizzy that he'd almost fall over.  We've got a doctor appt this morning to find out what's up. He's suspecting an inner ear infection, but we'll find out...  But our Pastor's last church service ever was on Sunday.  He's retiring...  So Robb was loathe to miss it, but he did.  AND our organist was out of town, so that means we have to resort to the hymn music on ye old Windows XP (probably not... but I'M not in IT...) and Robb is one of the few church people who know how to run it.  Well, Meri knew how.  

Thankfully Meri showed up just in time or I'd have to do an awkward double click between each hymn verse...  AND I couldn't find the right music for the first hymn at ALL, so Pastor's grand-daughter played her trumpet with everyone singing for 3 of the 5 verses of that hymn and then we all sang acapella for the other 2 verses.  It worked and actually sounded really special!

Looking back now, I COULD have just given the job over to Meri but how am I going to learn it? We need to train more people for instances such as this anyway...

Since my job got shifted from recording the service to manning the computer, I got another church friend to run the camera.  He and his wife were very helpful and did a great job.  

And there was cake afterwards and after all the fuss, our pastor left his key to the church and went off to enjoy his retirement dinner with his family that all came for the day.  

Whew... We're in uncharted territory now...  He's been here 23 years...  A vacancy pastor comes next week until we get a permanent one.  We're in the works for that now.  I'm glad I'm not on that committee!

Oh and look!!!!  My tiny garden is sprouting!!!  From the looks of it, the broccoli and flowers are going gang busters!  My main focus was on the tomato plants, but they'll come up eventually.  I hope.  Hoping to get some solid tomato plants for Meri to plant in her garden this spring.

Spring IS going to come...  I just KNOW it!

I mean... at -13 degrees this morning, there is NOWHERE to go up UP!

2 comments:

SAM said...

Volunteers sure keep so many organizations going when there are tight shoestrings. I hope this weekend encourages some techies to step up and learn your system.

Michelle said...

I hope Rob recovers soon. In the teens here in KY. Unusual for us. Snow and ice too...yuk. Stay warm!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails