Monday, November 19, 2018

Dad, Dad, Dadio's Day!

My dad...



Today is his birthday!  

(Actually it was Friday, but I must have forgotten to push the publish button... oops!)


I've blogged about him many times in the past as he is a character and has lived a colorful life. First as a Marine then as a husband and father to many.  Not just the seven biological kids.  There were several foster children through the years as well as an adoption after the rest of us had left home.



So, reminiscent of the old Who's the Boss, where they did a clip show of all the past memorable episode snippets when they couldn't come up with a story line...  Here's my dad's clip show.


The time I kicked a brick on to him.  HERE.


This was after he broke his back from falling off a train.  For clarification, he is not a hobo.


The old bread truck that he made into an affordable RV.  HERE.


And the Dad stories about his younger years.  What a practical joker!  HERE, HERE and HERE.


There are many various kinds of dads, but mine is the best.


The photo below is from Meri's photo shoot with them this past summer.
Wow, was it a hot day!


God has blessed my siblings and I with a wonderful father.
I love you Dad!

2 comments:

slugmama said...

I still remember that story about him challenging the guy selling Corelle dishes at Woolco? and him breaking a few plates at the salesman's expense. lolz

Happy Birthday to your dad!!!

Southern Gal said...

He sounds like he would be good friends with my daddy! Happy birthday to him!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails